To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Function Statements:
- Audit, track, and review the progress of all regulatory, accreditation, contract, and billing requirements for the program.
- Directs preparation for external reviews and external reporting of incidents.
- Develop corrective action plans and performance improvement plans and coordinates the implementation of these CAPs with program leadership.
- Monitor changes in regulatory requirements/policies relevant to operations, and educate program management staff on those changes.
- Responsible for the auditing of records to ensure compliance with regulations and contracts, as well as for all internal and third-party reporting of incidents.
- Coordinate compliance training tasks.
- Chair the monthly Performance Improvement Committee meeting: prepare agenda/materials; document minutes; coordinate follow-up on action items.
- Supports the Quality Management Committee and Corporate Compliance Committee by providing information and reports to corporate leadership.
- Monitor the compliance and quality of incident documentation.
- Manage the client grievance process.
- Participate in the remote quality monitoring of security cameras.
- Track all licenses, certificates, and accreditation schedules and copies of reports.
- Execute work plan requirements for compliance, risk, and quality work plans.
- Carry out additional duties as assigned by Corporate Compliance & Quality.
- The CQO will assume other specified compliance roles as required by specific regulatory oversight entities, including, but not limited to, the Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) Officer, HIPAA Privacy Officer, and Civil Rights Coordinator for the program.
- Boundaries – Ability to identify and consistently maintain appropriate boundaries with clients and coworkers.
- Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written – Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Decision Making – Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Interpersonal Relationships – Ability to develop a strong association among individuals that they are working with and communicate effectively with others, whether colleagues, customers or clients.
- Initiative – Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Self-Development – Taking steps to better yourself, such as by learning new skills or improving current skills and recognizing and changing bad habits.
- Tactful – Ability to show consideration for and maintain good relations with others.
- Time Management – Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
Skills & Abilities:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in human service related field; Master’s degree highly preferred
Experience: Experience in Behavioral Health service delivery; experience in a Compliance/Quality role highly preferred.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and EMR
Other Requirements: Must pass a criminal background check, physical, drug and TB Test
9 am – 5 pm, and as needed.