For additional information contact:
Human Resources Director
- Identify student care requirements by establishing personal rapport with interested and willing students and persons
in a position to understand care requirements.
- Establish a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological and spiritual support to students,
friends and families.
- Promote student’s independence by establishing student care goals, teaching student and family to understand
medical condition, medication and self-care skills, and answering questions.
- Insure quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards, making or recommending necessary adjustments, and
following facility and nursing staff’s philosophies and standards of care set by the State Board of Nursing and other
governing agency regulations.
- Resolve student medical problems and needs by utilizing multi-disciplinary team strategies.
- Protect students and staff by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and
storage procedures and controlled substance regulations.
- Handle the documentation of student care services by charting in the student and department records.
- Maintain student confidence and protect medical operations by keeping information confidential.
- Insure operation of equipment by following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for
repairs, maintaining equipment inventories, and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintain continuity among nursing team by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing
- Observe and support facility policy.
- All other duties as assigned.
Standards of Performance:
- Job Knowledge/Skills
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Time Management
- Problem Solving/Decision Making
- Self Development
Horizontal and Outside Relationships:
- Other Outside Health Care Contacts
- All Facility Staff
Education and Experience:
Associates Degree in nursing and current license to practice in the state required. A minimum of six months of clinical or
public health and emergency nursing experience preferred. One year previous work/volunteer experience with kids under
the age of 21. It is an essential function of the job that staff be capable of participating in physical training activities and be
capable of physically restraining the students if and when necessary.
Regular business hours, and as needed.