For additional information contact:
Human Resources Director
- Bed Checks – Use a flashlight judiciously to insure a positive count and identification of the youth body name will be performed at shift changes or every 15 minutes. On the Sexual Delinquent Conduct Unit, staff rotates walking the hall of the bedroom area. Only one youth at a time may have permission to go to the restroom. At no time should the students be left unsupervised
- Handle Emergencies – In the event of an emergency, notify the individuals listed on the Emergency Procedures. Give First-Aid until help arrives, if necessary.
- Fire Drills – Oversee fire drills if there is a scheduled alarm. Answer Telephone – Answer telephones and take messages.
- Com Log – Note all observed interaction with students during the shift. Any and all significant data should be included in the com log, as this is the primary source of communication with oncoming staff.
- Security – Check and secure all doors and windows. Supervise bedtime and wake-up time by following program schedule and policy.
- Report all noticeable events to Program Director or Group Leader.
- All other duties as assigned.
Standards of Performance:
- Job Knowledge/Skills
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Time Management
- Problem Solving/Decision Making
- Self Development
Horizontal and Outside Relationships:
Education and Experience:
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED is preferred. Experience working with juveniles preferred. Must be capable to participate in physical training activities and be capable of providing safety interventions.
11 pm – 7 am, and as needed.