For additional information contact:
Human Resources Director
- Supervise youth in activities in order to observe or effect changes in their social behavior.
- Maintain the security of the facility and grounds.
- Stimulate interest and cooperation in individual and group activities and observe youth behavior in response to treatment efforts.
- Observe methods and techniques of Group Leaders during group therapy sessions and develop counseling skills under their supervision; participate in the treatment of the youth through observation, interaction, scoring, limit setting, and implementation of treatment plans; and assist in the development of a positive peer culture.
- Escort youth to work, mealtime, recreation, education activities, and participate in their supervision and instruction.
- Maintain proper conduct and security of youth in work, recreation, and education; administer and record medication as ordered.
- Limited one-to-one counseling.
- Prepare periodic and special evaluations on assigned youth, report significant changes in social behavior and make recommendations for changes in assignments.
- Provide crisis intervention with juveniles
- Give basic instruction in work, recreation and housekeeping activities.
Perform related work as assigned or required.
- Communicate orally and in writing all appropriate reports and information, both within the unit and to relevant outside agencies.
- All other duties as assigned.
Standards of Performance:
- Job Knowledge/Skills
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Time Management
- Problem Solving/Decision Making
- Self Development
Horizontal and Outside Relationships:
- The court and referring agency staff
- All Facility Staff
- Student’s family
Education and Experience:
Graduation from high school or GED is required; a college degree in Human Services or one year previous work/volunteer experience with kids under the age of 21. It is an essential function of the job that staff be capable of participating in physical training activities and be capable of physically restraining the students if and when necessary.
AM / 7 am – 3 pm / PM / 3 pm – 11 pm, and as needed.