Substance Abuse Counselor
Position Title: Substance Abuse Counselor
Reports To: Group Living Director
For additional information contact:Marcia Dodds
Human Resources Director
- Administer, score and assess the SASSI and MAST completed by every student identified.
- Provide assessment/evaluation, treatment and discharge services for clients referred to the Substance Abuse Program.
- Document all services in a timely fashion.
- Conduct and participate in treatment plan reviews to assess each student’s treatment planning for appropriateness and timeliness.
- Conduct individual and group counseling and therapy sessions.
- Develop individual treatment plans and assists supervisor in developing discharge and after care plans.
- Attend staffings for clients referred to the Substance Abuse Program if requested.
- Earn a CADC within 1 ½ years of hire date and complete all necessary training to maintain CADC
- Complete daily progress notes in a timely fashion
- Safety training completed annually.
- Abide by The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (42 USC & 201 et seq.)
- All other duties as assigned.
Standards of Performance:
The Substance Abuse Counselor’s performance will be rated based upon:
- Job Knowledge/Skills
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Time Management
- Problem Solving/Decision Making
- Self Development
Horizontal and Outside Relationships:
- Students and their Families
- Community Resources
- All Facility Staff
Education and Experience
A Bachelor of Art’s degree in a behavioral science preferred. At least one year experience in the treatment of adolescents, and certified as a Certified Chemical Counselor is preferred. Previous experience as a Certified Alcoholism Counselor or Certified Drug Counselor will be considered. Must earn CADC within 1 ½ years of hire and maintain throughout employment. It is an essential function of the job that staff be capable of participating in physical training activities and be capable of providing safety interventions.
Regular business hours & as needed