For additional information contact:
Human Resources Director
- Demonstrates ability to enhance academic performance and support for implementation of the school’s student achievement goals.
- Provide a learning environment to motivate youth to take responsibility for their education.
- Help develop a plan for all HiSET candidates to obtain their HiSET
- Set up, monitor and communicate weekly results of Edgnuity progress.
- . Demonstrates competence in planning and preparing for instruction.
- Prepare daily lesson plans and instruct groups, providing in depth attention to students as necessary.
- Arrange for additional supports and/or teaching in areas of concern for students
- Maintain emergency lesson plans for use by substitutes.
- Uses strategies to deliver instruction that meets the multiple learning needs of students.
- Assess each student’s learning style; design, obtains, and implement curriculum, instructional strategies, and materials appropriate for the youth.
- Uses a variety of methods to monitor student learning.
- Identify and administer the appropriate pretests necessary to advance HiSET candidates
- Assist in appropriate MAP Testing to monitor student learning on a micro and macro level
- Track and organize testing results in a systematic way
- Demonstrates competence in classroom management.
- Ensure attendance of students in all classes and other activities and check on normative behavior.
- Maintain order in the classroom by providing classroom expectations to students.
- Maintain proper norms and security of youth and provide crisis intervention as necessary.
- Fulfills professional responsibilities.
- Acts ethically, responsibly, and respectfully
- Communicate, orally and in writing, all appropriate information, both within the classroom and outside the classroom and to relevant outside agencies.
- Complete all necessary paperwork to insure proper recording of student progress, including daily attendance records and progress reports, and tracking testing results
- Collaborates with staff to review data collected and help communicate data to guide decision-making for individuals
- Supervises and interacts with youth in order to observe and affect changes in their social behavior and to support a positive peer culture.
- Participate in the treatment of the student through observation, interaction, scoring, limit setting, and implementation of treatment plans; assist in the development of a positive peer culture.
- Report significant changes in social behavior and make recommendations for changes by participating in Treatment Team meetings.
- Escort students to work, mealtime, recreation, education activities, and participate in their supervision and instruction. Give basic instruction in work, recreation, and housekeeping activities.
- Limited one-to-one counseling.
- . All other duties as assigned
- Subbing for teachers as scheduled
- Assisting with the transporting for GED testing
Abide by The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (42 USC & 201 et seq.)-
Standards of Performance:
- Job Knowledge/Skills
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Time Management
- Problem Solving/Decision Making
- Self Development
Horizontal and Outside Relationships:
- All Facility Staff
- Court and referring agency staff
- Student’s family
Education and Experience:
The Testing Coordinator should have a minimum of one year previous work/volunteer experience with kids under the age of 21. It is an essential function of the job that staff be capable of participating in physical training activities and be capable of providing safety interventions.
Regular business hours, and as needed.